Since its inception in 1993, the Council for Learning Resources in Colleges (CoLRiC) has been the voice of Further Education and Sixth Form College Libraries and Learning Resource Services, encouraging and celebrating creativity, enterprise and innovation.
We are an independent organisation that represents a diverse group of college librarians and learning resource professionals across the UK, advocating and championing quality and exemplary practice across the educational sector; supporting our members in evidencing the impact and value that they bring to teaching, learning and the student experience.
Benefits of membership
As an institutional member of CoLRiC, all staff across your service have access to a portfolio of publications and resources. These include:
- Free attendance at virtual CPD events.
- Discounted attendance at face-to-face CPD and networking events.
- Four issues of our e-newsletter CoLRiC Impact published over an academic year. Members are actively encouraged to submit articles to share with the CoLRiC community. The publication showcases examples of organisational good practice, research, case studies, resource updates, local projects, professional profiles and news.
- Access to our repository – a collection of strategic and operational documents that can be submitted for sharing or adapted locally to suit specific organisational requirements. These include job descriptions and role definitions, learning resource guides, CPD/conference presentations and back issues of CoLRiC publications, for example.
- Access to our private members’ discussion forum where colleagues benefit from a supportive sharing and learning environment, exchanging news, information, ideas and experiences, asking questions, eliciting feedback on a topic, initiating research projects or sharing documents for discussion.
- Opportunities for heads of service and senior managers to participate in informal strategic online discussions with the CoLRiC Executive Committee on hot topics impacting on the FE sector.
- Support with staff recruitment. Job vacancies can be posted for free on the private members’ forum, with associated recruitment packs shared in the repository to provide members with templates and examples of job descriptions and person specifications.
- Opportunity to participate in member surveys on current hot topics impacting on FE and Sixth Form Colleges.
- Advice and guidance on evidencing service quality, value, impact and demonstrating return on investment.
- Eligibility to register for our prestigious Peer Accreditation Scheme -a supportive and rigorous quality assurance of Library and Learning Resource Services set against specific criteria that engages the entire organisation, including senior managers, teaching and professional services support staff.
- Eligibility to submit nominations for two prestigious, high profile national Awards: the CoLRiC Innovative Practice Award (CIPA) and the CoLRiC Jeff Cooper Inspirational Information Professional of the Year Award.
- Professional development opportunities for colleagues in early career roles to participate in and gain experience from CoLRiC activities and projects.
- Regular member email updates and bulletins, featuring CoLRiC MediaWatch – an alerting tool for busy professionals that provides overviews of news stories, research projects and developments across the national and international education sector.