Gain access to members' forums, policy documents, survey results, preferential conference rates and more.
CoLRiC Events 2014
Where are we now? FE Libraries/Learning Resource Services at the crossroads
In the current climate, College library and learning resource services are becoming more creative and finding new and innovative ways to support the demand from students whilst proving their worth to managers. The 2014 events aim to explore some of the ways services are demonstrating best practice, hearing from practitioners in the field who are making a difference.
When and where
- Friday 16th May - New College Durham
- Friday 6th June - Friends Meeting House, Euston, London NW1
- Friday 20th June - Taunton Conference Centre, Somerset College
Each event will run from 10.00am until 3.30pm.
The programme will include:
- HE in FE: the impact of changes to HE resource provision in FE colleges
- BYOD - what's hot right now
- Six Book Challenge - new directions and sharing good practice
(View details in a clip by Genevieve Clark from the Reading Agency view)
- CoLRiC's information literacy project
- CoLRiC Beacon winner (details)
- CoLRiC Best Practice Award winners (details)
- Developing online multi-media tutorials to enhance students' research and study skills (Taunton, London)
- Going above and beyond: additional Library services for the College community (Taunton)
- Positives of College mergers (Durham)
- Learning hubs (Durham)
Cost only £75 for CoLRiC members; £100 for non-members (including lunch).
To secure your place, please complete and return the booking form below.
Information and presentations from our events in 2013 and 2012 are available in the members' area. View