Gain access to members' forums, policy documents, survey results, preferential conference rates and more.
CoLRiC Events 2016
"really enjoyed the day"
"gave me lots of food for thought"
"great to meet other college staff;
"got lots of useful leads;
"learnt a lot"
Delegates at the event in Stockport on 20th May had an inspiring and enjoyable day. But if you weren't there you haven't missed out - there are still some places at Northampton!
Mind the Gap!
Is your service indispensable? Does it make an impact with students? Is there a gap between where you are and where you need to be? This year’s CoLRiC events in Stockport and Northampton are all about narrowing the gap.
- Chris Powis, Head of Library & Learning Services at the University of Northampton will talk about learning spaces and impact on learning outcomes
- Dr Sarah Crudge, Library and Learning Resources Manager at Tresham College will share her ‘minding the gap’ techniques in the context of using e-resources
- Jon Hoffgartner, Technology and Library Services Team Leader, Weston College, current holder of the AoC/CoLRiC Beacon Award will speak about their winning service, LibraryPlus.
- Sue Glover, Assistant Librarian at Aquinas College, will describe how they are using students as change managers and digital pioneers
- David Scott, Head of Learning Centres at Kirklees College, will speak about their Learning Resources Service and their recent experience of being awarded "Grade 1: Excellent” in their CoLRiC peer assessment review
- Genevieve Clarke, The Reading Agency, will show how 'Reading Ahead' can help ensure the library/LRC is a vital part of the college and curriculum.
At both events:
- Corinne Walker, Learning Resources Manager, Oldham Sixth Form College, and Richard Debenham, EBSCO will provide a joint case study on use of EBSCO Discovery
- Breakout sessions for sharing ideas on making your service 'indispensible'!
- Friday 20th May 2016 - Aquinas Sixth Form College, Stockport
- Friday 17th June 2016 - Northampton College.
Each event will run from 10.00 – 3.30 pm, allowing time for networking. The cost, including lunch, is only £75 for members and £95 for non-members.
To secure your place, please complete and return the booking form below.
CoLRiC events 2015: The Edge
Two successful and inspiring days were held in London on Friday 8th May and Birmingham on Friday 19th June.
"fun and friendly"
"presentations were excellent"
Delegates in London and Birmingham were enthused by winners of this years Best Practice Awards; shared some varied approaches to information literacy by different types of college; heard how one college has fought through some difficult times to emerge as a fresh and progressive service; and explored strategies for coping when times are tough.
Information and presentations from the events in London and Birmingham are being added to the members' area. Presentations from the 2014, 2013 and 2012 are also still available. View